Saturday, October 22, 2011

She Watches Over Her HOUSE...



Dear sweet ladies........


it is Saturday......and I am HOME and what a sweet day I am having! It will be a busy day getting things in order! Now that our family is out serving the Lord at the college.......my time at Home seems so big at times. I want to do the things that I love to do, but time is limited..The girls and I stay busy doing the best that we can.........anyway this morning I was thinking as I was working and cleaning, of the verse "she watches over the ways of her household"........Proverbs 31:27.........some days are better than others.........right......but it doesn't mean I can't keep trying. Because I can get discouraged! Not often, but it does happen........ever happen to you? It is an unending job when you live in a very old farm house and the wind is blowing......need I say more? SMILE! I am not complaining, it's just life. It is Home....... a gift........given! 


I had laundry hanging on the line and when I walked by it the verse came to my mind! I remember when I had little ones that needed so much care......and the house work didn't get done, but that was okay......I was taking care of my household!!!!!! Now I have the memories of those precious moments.....but I thought...... now that I am outside the Home some of the day......making a living along side my sweet man and daughters to help support the farm.........I can find pleasure and then offer what I do get done as an offering to the Lord. He knows my days.......and He understands my HEART. I will be content in whatever situation...........and so sweet ladies how are you doing today? If you need prayer please email me (top right hand corner).......I have time as I work.

If you have never left a comment, please do...... 
I would love to meet you!  

Welcome all the New Followers......you have been soooooo noticed......by me!

Hugs to your day........from my farm.........as I

WATCH over........my HOUSEHOLD

and finding the JOY........HE has for me,

Linda

10 comments:

  1. What a blessing it is to read your blog daily! I feel so "at home" being able to share your stories. I read Proverbs 31: 10-31 as part of my devotion every day. I too am struggling this year with being out of the household working as a Bible teacher three days a week. So, I understand the time constraints of working and keeping up with the household. But each day is still a blessing:) Hope you enjoy you weekend! and thanks for sharing your days with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda,

    I love your red quilt and linens. That is so YOU! ;)

    I wish I had an outdoor clothesline. Clothes/linens smell so good after they have dried outdoors.

    Guess what? You get another day at HOME tomorrow :D Hope it is awesome!

    Love ya,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda! I am glad you are home where you are so happy! I Like to be at home too! I love doing laundry so I feel happy when I do it! In fact, I need to put another load in the washer and check my dryer items! Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda,
    I love the photo's with your quilts in them, they are beautiful works of art.
    I was a few days behind on your blog and was reading through, I had to smile when I read about you giving your chickens warm water. I can't imagine what it is like to live in a really cold place.
    Proverbs 31 is so inspiring, and encourages me to do my best at work, especially the part where she considers a field and buys it, out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
    Have a lovely week,
    God bless,
    Selina.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda! I borrowed your photo and verse today. The Lord has been putting my home work on my heart more and more. I am getting crazy at my job so he is directing me to calm my spirit. Thank you and I hope you ave a moment to stop by. Love and Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im a new follower!love your blog n your sweet sharing. Thankyou for encouraging words. Happy weekending and simply nesting! ,christina g. From Texas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Linda! I just found your blog and signed up as a follower. I love the look of your blog, but even more I love that you talk about seeking the Lord in your daily life. It is a blessing and encouragement to find your blog! I've been so impressed by the amazing generosity of bloggers and I'm looking forward to joining you in your journey through life via your blog. Thanks for sharing! Best wishes for a great finish to the month of October 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Watching over our homes! Love this.
    Thank you for sharing.

    God bless,
    d from homehaven

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your post reminded me of this John Piper quotation: 'God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him.'

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know Linda...you are always a sweet encouragement! I am thankful we *met* in this bloggy world! Maybe one day in person?? :) Hang in there my friend. The LORD is with you and HE does indeed know your heart. Keep looking to HIM!

    With Love to you!
    Camille

    Hebrews 12:1-3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!