Friday, June 18, 2010

Are You A Harvester?


I love being one of God's harvesters!!!!!!!!!! Loving people that is!

Harvest will start today, after our son's get off work. Lots of hard work will go into bringing in the harvest, but what sweetness to see the wheat seed coming out of the old little combine our sons found for a great price. When they start the engine, something happens in my heart. Then we pray, to ask our mighty God to give us protection, and thank Him again for HIS faithfulness and provisions! You have to live and work on a farm to experience it. I wish every one of you could come and walk along side us. It is one of the best feelings.

God is good, faithful and wonderful to His children. He says in His word,

Genesis 1:29 Then God said,
"I (God) give you (everyone) every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth
and every tree that has fruit with seed in it.
They will be yours for food.

Have you ever noticed that the seeds are always there for us? I am so thankful for a God
who has everything covered. HE alone has the whole world in HIS HANDS.

Also, welcome all the new followers!

Love you all bunches!
Praying,


Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Bless you my new friend. Big HUGS. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post...I love those Scripture pictures. I'll share this with my friends on Facebook!!!

    Yeah...harvest time!!!! I'll pray it will go smoothly and be successful!!

    Love and hugs, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I cannot believe that someone is harvesting already. We are so much later and this year is extra late. Praying for your family's safety and provision. Yes God is Good! (Super new header photo, love it. Is that your barn? It is so cute!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to come by and say hi and let you know that I have been thinking of you lots lately!
    I had some computer problems and was gone for a little bit but back now...
    Praying that the harvesting goes quickly and safely.
    Wishing you oodles of joy today! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Linda,
    What an inspirational post! I love how we feel so close to God when we work the land.
    Have a blessed day,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda,

    One of our fondest memories of KS is wheat harvest. My hubby drove grain buggy for the Whites (friends from our college days) out south of town for a couple of seasons. I would always take our children out to ride in the combine. It's something EVERY child should experience :) God is so good and faithful!

    "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."

    Blessings on your harvest!!!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I know what a glorious time when you are in the fields and the combines are humming. I have lots of fond memories of those days. Hard work..but enjoy them, with God's blessings...

    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, you have such a wonderful blessing in your family. God is very good to you as He has allowed you to enjoy His goodness with your loved ones. I have told my husband many times if we were younger I would have him take the land that his mom gave the kids and build a house and farm the land. If only we had that land 20 years ago! LOL!

    I love coming over. Give your beautiful birthday girl a big hug from me! You are so blessed. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wanted to thank you for the loving bunches and for the prayers..((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Linda,
    I'll be praying for you and your family and the harvest. You have such a lovely blog!!

    Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Linda,
    Bless you. Today's post was an encouragement. Thank you also for The Mother's Prayer from an earlier date. They both spoke to me. You are ever in my prayers.
    ~Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do love how God planned everything out, already was our provision even before he created man. God is so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!