Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Rain, Rain and More Rain!

Hello, I have missed everyone!

I have not had internet since last Sunday afternoon. It has been raining, raining and raining. Today is sunshine and blue skies! Yes!

Sunday our son and his family invited us over to their place to pick sour cherries! Our old farm had a cherry tree and our oldest son bought me one this year for my birthday, but it only gave me about 15 cherries. Not big enough for a cobbler! Anyway we stayed for dinner and then we noticed a storm was coming in, so we thought we better get home which is about 40 minutes away. Our daughters started off first in their car. We were not far behind. They called and said that torrential rain was hitting them and would soon be hitting us. We had to turn off the side of the road, because you couldn’t even see. We found out yesterday that some of the power poles came down, right where we had been driving. Thank you Heavenly Father for your protection! It was all kind of scary and it was really hard for me as a momma to have the girls driving in it.. I thought I would show you what it looks like south of our farm 1/2 mile away. Our farm is up on a hill, so we were not affected at all by Peace Creek. We did get a little over 6” total from all the rain though. We are very thankful!

Momma and babies are doing great!

Our neighbors horses were stranded on an island of sorts.



Look how the creek has gone over the road? I am not sure if you can see the black dot half way up the right hand side of the picture and about 1/2" in? This is where we took pictures of the little baby calf. About 4 feet high of water.


Look at that blue Kansas sky!
Lots of water reserve!
Isn't this the sweetest little prairie flower? The inside of the flower is hot pink then the ends are a lime green. God is so good!

Another Kansas wild prairie flower.

My garden has faired very well, where we had the paper and mulch down. The little watermelon plants are growing away! The tomatoes are huge, after this last rain. It amazes me how God’s water is so much better, then water from a hose!


Blessings and hugs from the farm,




Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. Oklahoma city was flooded. I see your area didn't do well either. Thank God you're all safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you are feeling with all the rain. We had non-stop rain for about 24 hours here in OKC with lots of flooding. Today the sun is out and the rain is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. I'm glad your farm is okay. Thanks for posting pics. I'm glad things weren't worse. How deep was that water covering the street?
    When I lived in Ashland, OR there was a flood January 1997...and if I ever figure out how to use a scanner I'll post pics..but this little creek that was about four feet wide...ran next to the apartment I was living in...suddenly turned to 100 feet wide..but that was coming from the mountain..so there was water, mud, sink holes...everything all over town..Fortunately our apartment wasn't affected because we were upstairs..but it knocked out the city's water main for 7 days..We had to pay visits to the National Guard just to get water...but anyway...I talk too much. You're sweet for listening to me Linda...
    I'm so glad you and the rest of the family/farm are doing okay!!!! Will your neighbors recover okay?
    I love the flower pics. The yellow ones look real similar to ones we have in Oregon. I'll have to take a look at those again.
    I'm glad that you all made it home safe. When I read about how God protected you in that rain storm!!!!...God is so good to us!!!
    Love and hugs, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that was a lot of rain! Did your baby calf survive?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lot of rain! We've had a lot up here in Alberta in the last few weeks. How are your fields? Some farmers in our area are re-seeding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness you've had a lot of rain, glad to hear that you weren't affected to negatively.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to see all that rain and flooding. We are blessed to only have rain right here, but close by there is flooding also.

    Keeping you in my prayers...
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW you did get some serious rain, hope it dries up quickly, love the prairie flowers too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is a lot of rain. The pink flower is so pretty, never seen anything like it before. I love the itty bitty flowers on the yellow plant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here in the desert we could use some rain. I'm glad you were all okay. That pink flower is beautiful!
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great fun catching up with you and your sweet blog...you have been a breath of fresh air for me tonight as I sometimes wonder how I got myself into this "mess".
    Big hugs,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad ya'll made it home safely. We have been getting at least one bad storm daily lately. The thunder and lightening can be quite terrifying. We've had funnels but no touchdown.. thank the good Lord. He's watching over us all. Have a great day Linda! Enjoy the sunshine whenever possible.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rain is so good! But it comes in buckets! I feel bad for you but God is watching over you and yours. You post the greatest stuff here and I am so honored to know you.

    Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. God is so Good! I am glad you and your family are okay. The pink flower is awesome. I love your blog, it is homey and comforting. It does make me miss our farm though, although when I really think about it...I don't miss where the farm is located.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is some heavy rain. I will stop complaining about the drizzly stuff we are experiencing this week. As I look out the window here in Washington State I looks like an average February day and the temp might hit 60 today. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! That's a lot of water!
    Those baby calves are so cute!
    God is so good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!