Sunday, June 13, 2010

I Will Praise You In The Storm

You are welcome to use this picture if you like.


"Praise You In This Storm"

by Casting Crown


I was sure by now

God You would have reached down

And wiped our tears away

Stepped in and saved the day

But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining


As the thunder rolls

I barely hear Your whisper through the rain

"I'm with you"

And as Your mercy falls

I raise my hands and praise the God who gives

And takes away


[Chorus:]

And I'll praise You in this storm

And I will lift my hands

For You are who You are

No matter where I am

And every tear I've cried

You hold in Your hand

You never left my side

And though my heart is torn

I will praise You in this storm


I remember when

I stumbled in the wind

You heard my cry to you

And You raised me up again

My strength is almost gone

How can I carry on

If I can't find You


But as the thunder rolls

I barely hear You whisper through the rain

"I'm with you"

And as Your mercy falls

I raise my hands and praise the God who gives

And takes away


[Chorus]


I lift my eyes unto the hills

Where does my help come from?

My help comes from the Lord

The Maker of Heaven and Earth


I am sure there are some of you, that feel like God is being quiet right now. We feel that way at Prairie Flower Farm at times also, but we don't have to go on our feelings. We need to believe on His TRUTH, and He says, "He will never leave us nor will He EVER forsake us." Hebrews 13:5 What a comfort that is for me and I hope for you. I will hold on to Him. He knows what is best for me and I can have great comfort in that.

I want you to all know that you mean a lot to us here and so enjoy hearing your stories and comments. If you need specific prayer, please email me (my address is at the top right hand corner). We all need each other in these tough days. If you are from where the oil spill is or from Arkansas where all the people who were killed in the flood and you are part of the families that are grieving and hurting, know we are praying for you. May the Lord lift you above the circumstances. He is our answer!


P.S. It rained here last night, I looked out the window this morning and the garden is somewhat washing away in areas. Makes me sad. It is supposed to rain for the next few days. Ugh! We also live in a very old farm house that needs lots of work to be done on it. We had an offer last December to help put up a new roof, if we could get the old off. Something came up (it took all our extra time) and we didn't get to do that, so now it is leaking from all the rain. We will Praise Him in the Storm even though it is still down pouring rain! Hard yes, but I will not lose heart in my God, who cares personally for our family.


Blessings and Hugs from the farm! Keep the names coming for the baby calf. They are wonderful! Can't wait to tell Josh today!


Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Linda for this reminder!
    I am so glad that He is with us all through the storm and I really want to learn to praise Him even more!
    Thanks so much for this picture, love to put it on my blog as a reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda...what an encouragement..I'm a generally very happy person and I smile a LOT...as you've probably noticed with my email smiley :) :) :)...but my dad and I have been going through some storms of our own...as has everyone else at one time or another. My dad and I are constantly reminding each other of God's promises...I'm so glad that God is always there to comfort us :) :) He fills those spaces in our hearts that no one else can fill :) :) :) I'm going to share this on my Facebook page....and on my blog too at some point...if that's okay. This is great!!!!...and it really expressed what I was thinking about lately :) :)
    Much love, hugs and greetings from Oregon,

    Heather :)

    p.s. I hope Josh didn't hurt himself chasing the baby cow. She sure is pretty...very shiny, too...literally!!! I just thought the video was really funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy the song you posted, the Lord really laid it on my heart last year when we went through a big storm as a family.
    I'm so thankful your doing well, and thank you for your prayers. Your always in mine dear friend!!
    Hugs and blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am reminded of the scripture that says it rains on the just and the unjust. We are praising Him in OUR storm as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good, good post! I'll have to look up the song. It's got the kind of lyrics so needed in today's church!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful words of praise and I thank you for reminding us that He is always with us no matter what our circumstances....

    Blessings.......

    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a blessing to find this song when I clicked on your blog this morning. I can't imagine going through the storms of life without my Saviour.

    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hang in there Linda, this to will pass.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw one of your scripture verses and photo on another blog. I clicked on it and it brought me to your blog.
    I will be back to read more of your posts and am going to subscribe to your blog.
    thanks for sharing the word.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!