Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Thinking of YOU Today!

A Kansas wild sunflower, just for you!

Hello sweet ladies!
One more day on the fence and we are done! I did real good yesterday. Didn't fall into any holes (that is good). I do want to thank you for all the sweet notes you left me! We worked in nooooooo wind and over 100 degree weather. Did anyone say that maybe I am vintage? Heehee! It was a very good day, but when I got home I was soooooooo tired. Checked my blog comments and I was so encouraged! Thank you so much! I can't wait to get back to my home. I love my home!!!!!!! I have decided while I have been out there in the field working that I need a "Party", when we finish. So when I get home I am going to make something real special and we are going to have a giveaway! It is one of my most favorite things to do on my blog, well, besides sharing Jesus with my friends! So be looking.

Please, if you would continue to keep us in your prayers as we work. My Mr. Phil had a piece of equipement called a post hole digger fall on his leg. It scared me half to death. It hit his leg and it swelled the size of two goose eggs. It is a bruise about 10" long. Ick! He also had it hit his arm and shoulder. We are so grateful. He has just kept working along without any pain! No kidding. It is a God thing, we know it. We want to thank those who have been praying for us on this job. You are so precious and we just want you to know that!

Here is some good info!

A sweetie blogger friend said to NOT put tobacco spray on our tomatoes!!!!!!!!!!! So glad I didn't! Thank you Patricia for warning us!!!!! I just love how we take care of each other here in blogland!

She said:

FYI ~~ Please keep the tobacco spray away from your tomatoes and plants related to them. Tobacco plants carries virus diseases that affect tomato plants. Smokers shouldn't be around the tomato plants either.

Have to hurry to get to the field this morning early! Thank you for encouraging us!

LOTS of hugs going your way today and I will be praying for you all as I work.

Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. Thanks Linda, It's the mosaic virus of tobacco that can infect tomatoes and other members of the Solanaceae family of plants including peppers, eggplants, tomatillos, okra and potatoes. I was too lazy yesterday to go downstairs to my reference book to get the correct name of the virus. This info is from Botanica's Organic Gardening The Healthy Way to Live and Grow.
    Take care of yourselves out there in the heat. Yesterday it was 104 degrees and Sunday we had 106. Hot Hot Hot... but the garden is popping after having such an unusual long cool and wet spring. We sure enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a lot of tomatoe blight in our area again this year. Since I don't have a garden it doesn't affect me quite as much but it will once i go to Farmers Market to buy them and the few that make it there will be expensive! Last year they went for $50 a box! ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda,

    Just wanted you to know that I left a comment on your last post too. I'm so thankful that Mr. Phil was not injured any worse than he was. Thank you Lord for looking after him!
    I'll continue to pray for you and your family.
    ~Love Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda...praying your work goes quickly for you today (and safely too). We had some of that real hot stuff here in Nebraska too. I think today may be a bit cooler :)

    Blessings to you my friend!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for cooler weather! I'm glad Mr. Phil wasn't hurt any worse! I hope he'll bet better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Continuing to pray a hedge of protection around you and Mr. Phil as you finish the fence, and that you will have more pleasant working weather! So glad your hubby wasn't seriously injured!
    Linda ~ wanted to let you know that I received the Miss Clarice's Vintage Apron pattern and can hardly wait to sew up a few! But I must finish some other projects in the works first. I will have to take some pics and post them when they are made! Thank you (and Miss Clarice) so much for the pattern. I love it!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Certainly pray that your husband will continue to be okay with his leg. Wow what a hard hit.Praying also that you will have cooler weather and you can get that fence wiped out today. God Bless You and thanks once again for the tip about the tomotaoes. NO tobacco Juice.
    I really love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad Mr. Phil was able to work the rest of the day. I'll bet he stiff and sore today. Hope all goes well,with you today make sure you are all drinking plenty of water in this heat. Prayers for you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda..you certainly are in my prayers again today as you work on that fence. I can't imagine working in those kind of temperatures. But am sure when you are done and back home again you will be very......happy!!

    Blessings......
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda, I am new to your delightful blog, let me just say I am so glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are one precious lady Linda! Every post you write is so encouraging and sweet...full of love! May the LORD give you both the strength to do the job you have before you and may HE keep you SAFE!! How wonderful to REST in HIS keeping power!

    Love to you today!
    Blessings,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am praying for y'all and that Mr. Phil will heal and be protected from any more accidents. A cool breeze would be nice too, Lord. Blessings, Jeannie Schlitt

    ReplyDelete
  13. Linda -

    Just wanted you to know that I received your comment, even though I didn't post it. I appreciated it so much that I wanted to keep it to myself! Ha! Thank you for your encouraging words. Someday, I hope to drive through Kansas and meet you. I know you must be such a lovely person to all your friends and family. Thank you for sharing a little bit of that loveliness with all of us.

    God bless you today!

    Anna @ TravelinPilgrim

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just found your beautiful blog. What a blessing to read your posts. Love all the pics:) We had a duck that thought he was a turkey. They lived their lives out with each other. It was special to see them always together. Have a great week. Many Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry to hear about Mr. Phil. My goodness, that must have been scary. I'd be in the house bawling like a baby for the next two days. Thank the Lord he's okay!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am praying God sends out His finest to protect you and Mr. Phil while you work together side by side. You tell that Mr. Phil too be careful. We don't want him getting seriously hurt! Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!