Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I am Home, I Love My HOME!



This is my sweetie man putting up the finishing touches on the fence. He would work with a teeshirt and long sleeve shirt. Yuk!!!!!!!!!!! I would wear a teeshirt and shorts. I couldn't hardly stand to think of having a long sleeve shirt on in 100 degree weather. He said it helped. He walked around with it wet half the time. Not me!
Does it look straight? I hope the family we built it for thinks so and will like! I would love it if it was mine!

NOTE: I had the recipe wrong. 2 eggs not one. 2 tsp. baking powder not one. So sorry! I have the recipe right now! I was to much in a hurry this morning. Thank you Rose for bring that to my attention. you are a sweetie!

Me, : )


Hello everyone, I am home!!!!!!!!!! It felt so good this morning to walk around my farm and take care of my little animal collection! It has been a long week, but a very precious one, that I will tuck in my heart. Working alongside my honey was the best! The girls came and helped at different times and also kept the house running. Homeschooling has given me the opportunity to teach the girls how to care for our home. They cleaned, washed clothes, hung them on the line, put them away, baked, planned meals and did the chores. I can trust them with everything. I am so thankful for them and their willingness to serve our family. They are the sweetest girls. I have much to get done now that I am back home. Finish some projects that need to be finished up and today will enjoy 2 of our grandchildren., Yea for me! Thank you to so many of you who wrote me notes of encouragement. When I would get home late at night there were such words of sweetness and it was so appreciated. I didn't get to do much visiting on your blogs, but I will catch up now. I wrote a little yesterday after the job was done. Here is what I wrote.


It is a little after 4:30 on Tuesday and our job is finished. I can’t tell you how good it feels to have the fence built. It was fun, but today it was hot again and I just want to be in my home. smile! We worked for a little under a week. We learned a lot about fencing and when we need to build one for our farm it will come in handy! Our two daughters came in today and helped us. That was so nice! We giggled and laughed and that made the day go faster for this Momma.



I planted some flowers for the owners. I am trusting that the Lord will bless them.


I found this little dried up plant. It had tiny little seeds all tucked inside these little pockets. Amazing God! He designs so beautifully! He amazes me! I wish I could show you it in real life. One of the pockets had a covering over the top of the pocket with a little tiny hole, then as it would dry that little cap would pop off and expose the seeds, so the wind could come along and spread them out over the land. Hmmmm! Precious! I Love HIM SO MUCH!


Taylor and I went and picked a few blackberries on their property. They are so nummy! Need more then what we got to make jam. In Alaska our blueberries were very tart. I love berries that way and the blackberries seem to be the same. They will make the best jam! When I was a young girl, my girlfriend and I would pick blueberries, then we would build a fire. We would take a coffee can fill it half full of blueberries and cover with water. Then we would cook it over the open fire (I wonder if we washed the berries, if not we ate a lot of worms), then we would add some (a lot) of sugar and it would make syrup for our sourdough pancakes. What a fun memory to think on today. Oh my, I would love to go back and have one day like that. I think I should give you my "Best Blueberry Muffins". OKAY, here it is!

The Best Blueberry Muffins

1/3 cup oil

1 cup sugar

2 eggs

2 tsp. baking powder

1/2 cup milk

2 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

2 cup flour

1 tsp. vanilla

1/4 tsp. salt

Topping 1 Tb. sugar with 1/4 tea. cinnamon

Bake at 375 for 30 minutes

Prepare muffin cup. In medium sized bowl beat oil and sugar, then add eggs one at a time beating after each addition. Beat in vanilla, baking powder, salt and then the milk. Fold in flour and blueberries, last. Spoon into muffin cups. Sprinkle with topping. This recipe was given to me by a special friend along time ago. It is the best. I don't see why you couldn't substitute blackberries or raspberries for the blueberries. This is a nummy recipe for sure! Enjoy! Love bunches, Prairie Flower FArm


Ick, I just had a tick walking on my neck. Fine way to end my job! Creepy little bug! I am thankful. I didn’t have any attach themselves to me other than that one at the beginning of the job! Thank you Jesus.


So glad to touch base with you all today. I have tons to get done today! Tonight I will do some blog hopping! Can't wait to see what has been going on!


I will be planing a party to celebrate something! How about a celebration of. . . . . . . No Reason Party? I am sooooooo glad I am home today! ! ! ! and so glad you all are a part of my LIFE! You are God's special gifts! He is so thoughtful to do that for me, us!


Love and hugs, not from the job site, but from my little farm

in the middle of Kansas.


Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting more pics of the fence!!! It really does look beautiful. I hope the family you made it for will love it and the pretty flowers that you planted. I can already envision what it will look like with blooms...very pretty...a touch of Prairie Flower Farm :) :) :)
    I'm glad you both made it home safe and sound!!! You always do interesting things...even laundry sounds like more fun at your home :) :)...but I think because you are always grateful to Jesus for everything...that's it..isn't it? :) :) :) Il ove it Linda..you are a great examply of a godly Christian woman... :) :)
    Those blackberries looked really good. i like to pop those in my mouth like candy!!! I like raspberries, any kind of berry, really. My dad loves blueberries..and we saw this local commercial for living healthy snack.. You take some frozen blueberries in a bowl and pour cold milk over it..the milk freezes and it sort of makes fresh blueberry frozen treat. It's really good!!! It would probably work with blackberries, too :) :)
    Oh I'm already excited about the give-away!!!..I like a celebration for "no reason party" just fine :) :)
    Thanks for welcoming me into your home there at Prairie Flower Farm and sharing that recipe for blueberry muffins!!!:) :) You're a really sweet lady!!! Much love and hugs, Heather :) :)

    p.s. Now I"m going to give my dad that hug from the Stubbs family and go decorate something!!! :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Linda. Bet it's good to be home. I nominated you for some blog awards. To claim them check out my newest post. If not, no biggie either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome HOME Linda!! The fence looks great...well done! :) How precious your girls are...what a joy to know they were keeping "the home fires burning"...LOL...not in that heat!! ;-)

    Have a WONDERFUL day!
    Love,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda,
    You are a precious woman and such an inspiration to me! I just love being able to read your blog. I think on you and the things you say often throughout the day. I always try to stay close to the Lord on what he would like for me to do in my position as a wife and mother. It is such incouragement to hear that other women dwell on these things as well. I believe that this is a huge part of what will help to make famillies strong. I hope that more women will go back to these ways.
    I love all your animals. I am also an animal lover and a farm girl in my heart, but stuck in the city for now. I give thanks to the Lord that he helped me to find your blog!

    Hugs and blessings to you!!

    Christina
    jcwilson1@mchsi.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, yours and hubby's fence looks fantastic! Great job! I need fence building lessons from you. Enjoyed this post as always. Isn't it the most wonderful feeling to finally be HOME. Makes one really appreciate it! :) -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda ~ you and your sweetie did a fantastic job on that fence. I am sure the owners will be thrilled! And how sweet of you to plant some flowers along the way ~ what a little surprize that will be!
    Thank you for the yummy sounding blueberry muffin recipe! I will have to make some this weekend. I have some blueberries in the freezer that need to be used. These will be perfect!
    Hope you will take some time to rest and recoupe and enjoy your sweet farm and all the critters on it! They sure make life fun, don't they?
    And Bless your sweet girls for doing such a great job at home ~ such good practice for the future! ;~P

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fence looks great, and I know you're glad to be settled again. I love my home, too! I was at our church's Bible camp last week. I did get one tick bite--yuk. I still feel well, thanks to the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have really enjoyed reading your blog. You are a hard worker and you will be rewarded. The fence looks great and so do the berries.
    Have a rest now
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a joy to read your blog once again, I do hope your husbands leg is mending, And thank the Good Lord the fence is done. Your precious girls running the home what a joy to hear that they are dedicated to do such a wonderful thing for their parents. Those blackberries look yummy and the recipe sounds out of this world. So happy you are back home to enjoy your duties as wife and mother, Have that party yea! God Bless You and Your family

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's no place like home. Your berries look good. Ours are not ready yet-not until Aug. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome home Linda, I'll bet it felt good to get up and have to drive anywhere today. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My sis freezes everything. She cuts cantaloupe into thin slices then eats them in the winter like popsicles. I eat blueberries and blackberries like candy and I love raspberries in my salad with mandarin oranges! Yum!
    Your fence looks wonderful. You and that Mr. Phil are so sweet. Good to help each other and even better with God's blessings!

    Yum for the muffin recipe. You are a doll! Yummy Yummy Yummy!

    You are raising some incredible young women. God is good Linda, He is really good. Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you are back in the comforts of home. The fence looks great. Thank you for the blueberry recipe, I've had some in the fridge all week, I guess they were waiting for this post. God Bless, Jeannie Schlitt

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Linda I'm so glad you are home and enjoying your farm!! We are always glad to hear all about your adventures. Your fence looks amazing!!

    Blessings........
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm going to try the Blueberry Muffins, sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello, It was a wonderful day today!
    Parsley, Yes he is!!!!!!!

    Heather, Thank you! You are sooooo sweet to me! I love it!

    Melissa, Thank you so much for the sweetness. I wish I wasn't so busy and had time to do the different things you have to do to accept. You are sooooo kind. God was so good when He let us meet!

    Camille, Thank you. Yes, my girls are precious. It was so nice to have them close today.

    Christina You are soooo kind! I am glad I can be an encourager to you! I agree with you so much on the making families stronger. I always wonder how many women live in the city that read my blog.

    Tammy, came over to leave you a comment about your chicken house.
    I don't think it worked. You come over and I will teach you to build a fence. Now that would be fun. You teach me to build the baby chicken coop. It is so totally cool!

    Hello, Lady Farmer. Thank you, the fence really is pretty! They loved it. Yea!!!!! Tell me what you think of the muffins. I did sit a bit today and watched the Apple Creek Gang with my grand daughter. She loved it!

    Gloria, thank you. I always think about how you get to live with your family and grandkids. I would soooo love that. So glad you feel okay after the tick bite!

    Darlene, so glad you have been encouraged! I did get to rest. Was so nice to be home!

    Bonnie, My Phil's leg is doing amazing!! We are so thankful. We know it was the Lord helping us.

    Donna, So nice you will have blackberries. I could of sat and ate all the berries while I was picking. I was good!

    Patty, It did feel good today! Thank you so much for leaving a comment!

    Anne, Hmmm that sounds wonderful. I will try it! You have wonderful ideas. I think that is so neat! Thank you about the sweetness of you said about my girls. They really are so special. They have blessed us so much!

    Jeannie, Tell me what you think of the muffins. They are the best we have ever had!

    Hi Gert Thank you, the people loved the fence. We were so thankful. You never know.

    Rose, So glad you will try the recipe. Tell me what you think!

    Well ladies, thank your the sweet words. It was soooooooo fun to be in my home. We barbecued chicken today. It was so good. I got to do a little sewing. That felt really nice. I love to sew on the sewing machine.Love you all bunches, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good Morning,
    I wrote a comment yesterday, but I must have click out before posting it~Ugh! Thank you for the Blueberry Muffin recipe, I can't wait to try it!!! We have plenty of blueberries that we just picked, muffins sound good! :-)
    Your fence looks great! Wow! Here is a pat on the back! Can you feel it? :-) I found some wild daisies on our property and transplanted them into the garden yesterday, We will see if they take??? I hope so, daisies are my favorite.
    Have a wonderful day today!! I'm off to bake some muffins! :-)
    Love Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Believe it or not I wear long sleeves and my cover alls even in the hot weather(I am fair skin and red haired so I gotta cover up) your body learns to adjust and in some ways if the clothing is loose it will keep you cool and not hot like some would think, really no different then those that live in very hot climates like Iraq what not and they are covered...

    Great looking fence and how neat to plant seeds to give them a country charm to their property...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Carissa, you are welcome for the recipe. I wish I could just go out and pick blueberries!!!!! I have tried to grow them and they just go for about a year or so. I will have to try again. I love daisies also. Had roses and daisies in my wedding bouquet. Enjoy your day!


    Hi Jeannie, That is what Mr. Phil says. The fence did turn out pretty and they liked it alot. More work in the horizon! Good for us!

    Have a good day everyone!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Miss Linda :)

    Glad you are home. The fence looks wonderful, I hope that Phil is feeling better. I love working alongside my honey too.

    Your girls are just too sweet, what great practice for them taking care of the home.I just love that :)

    Thank you for sharing your Blueberry Recipe with us, it sounds so good! Yum, with a cupe of English breakfast tea or coffee, perfect!

    Have a blessed day Linda!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!