Monday, June 21, 2010

A Real Hot Day Today! Bringing In The Wheat.

Our girls love babies. With older brothers they have seen 9 nieces and nephews come into our family. Tressa's friend Micah, (her blog is called Unfading Beauty,) captured this pic at the graduation party. Love it! You can see part of Tressa's purity ring on her hand. A heart and a key which means she wants to save herself and her heart for marriage. Pray for her, that she can keep her promise to her Father on earth and her Father in Heaven. She so wants to do that. She has her family, close friends and sister to help her. This is a new chapter of her life. She wants to go out strong in the LORD!

Hello Sweet Ladies!

It is soooooooooo hot at Prairie Flower Farm! Please pray for my honey and son's, they are working in over 100 degree weather. Our youngest just got stung by a wasp and it got him in the knee. He was hurting when we left him in the field. Ouch. Our middle son got stung last Friday just above his eyelid. It really really hurts! Not a fun way to start the day! We as a family have always kept Sunday for the Lord, even in harvest. Hitting it real hard today!

I woke up this morning and my sweet man left me a comment ON MY BLOG!!!!!! Yea!!!!!!!! Yesterday I surprised him with a post and he wrote back. I thought I would put up HIS comment for fun. I am so thankful we love each other. We started out not so good, but we sure are ending our married life by staying close to Jesus! It does help!

As our little 3 year old grandson said to me the other day. "He is a good man", I so agree Reid, I so agree!

Mr. Phil said...

What a pleasant surprise, thank you. Look what God has done for us. Just look at those beautiful children. As I told my grand children today; they, along with my children, are my most precious father's day gifts.

Psalm 127

A song of ascents. Of Solomon.

1 Unless the LORD builds the house,
its builders labor in vain.
Unless the LORD watches over the city,
the watchmen stand guard in vain.
2 In vain you rise early
and stay up late,
toiling for food to eat—
for he grants sleep to [a] those he loves.
3 Sons are a heritage from the LORD,
children a reward from him.
4 Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are sons born in one's youth.
5 Blessed is the man
whose quiver is full of them.
They will not be put to shame
when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 128

A song of ascents.

1 Blessed are all who fear the LORD,
who walk in his ways.
2 You will eat the fruit of your labor;
blessings and prosperity will be yours.
3 Your wife will be like a fruitful vine
within your house;
your sons will be like olive shoots
around your table.
4 Thus is the man blessed
who fears the LORD.
5 May the LORD bless you from Zion
all the days of your life;
may you see the prosperity of Jerusalem,
6 and may you live to see your children's children.
Peace be upon Israel.

Praise God, that he revolutionized our lives with His Truth.

Love you , my Pretty Prairie Flower,
Mr. Phil


When we moved from Alaska to Kansas, Mr. Phil called me his pretty prairie flower. It has always made me feel special. Does your honey have any pet names for you? I would love to hear them.


Today is such a busy day with harvest. I will be back to tell about the party, but not today. It was wonderful. The Lord, family and friends blessed her so. They prayed over her and I cried like a baby. No surprise! We had Kansas wind and that wasn't so fun, but we made it! It did help keep the bugs away. I think they all were blown to Missouri.

Please continue to pray. Leave a comment, because it would be fun for me! Smile!

I am so grateful for you all!



Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Hi Linda! Did you know that Basil leaves (I believe) are a good bug repellant? I saw it on the Homestead Blessings Herbs DVD. If you take the leaves and rub them on your skin...it should keep the bugs away! It's a wonderful, natural way to do it...and might work for your poor boys....they are having such bad luck with getting stung! Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy, Thank you very much! I have some and we will try it! Mmmmm then they can smell good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy your blog and I have two awards for you if you would like them. You can find them at my blog "Anna Clo't and Me"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wasp stings...ouchie! Be sure to keep Benedryl capsules handy as well as the spray for those kinds of boo boos.

    Yes, here in Okla. it's HOT too. So icky and humid. Near 100F. Stay cool and have some sweetened tea on ice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love babies...and seeing the photo with Micah's hands with the little baby's...that is just too precious. I lov, love, love how she is committing to purity (spiritually and physically) till marriage. That's so awesome. I'm doing that too...It's refreshing to see other young Christian ladies making the same commitment.
    I'll pray for your family. Harvest time sounds really exciting and you all are working hard. I'm especially touched that you take the day off on Sunday!!!
    Bees and wasps are no fun. I got stung3 times withint the space of a minute by three angry bees..one on my finger and two on my shoulder. Ouchie!!!
    Well, be encouraged even in this weather :) :) :) I'll pray that harvest goes smooth without any major events!!!
    Love and hugs, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did the bugs get blown to Missouri when the wind was coming from the south? You better look at a map!!! :)

    <>< Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kay C. Thank you so much. I can't accept them right now, we are in the middle of harvest. I will come back. Thank you! You are a sweetie and I love your blog!!!!!!!

    Parsley I am brewing the tea right now!!!!!! Love it on warm sunny days.

    Heather, that was Tressy's hand. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. So precious you are running the race with Tressa! Thank you so much for your prayers. We have a little break down on the combine right now, but after they get the part they will be up and running.

    Alicia okay............. it was a figure of speech. Heehee. They really ended up in Manhattan, maybe even Lebanon. Don't mind us ladies, Alicia is someone in my life, that will keep me straighten out! Smile. She is my sweetie adopted kid.
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda...
    I went back and reread the blog. No, you are good..I misread it... I haven't met either lady..but they both sound really lovely...You say such good things about both of them..Okay...Tressy is wearing the purity ring. I love that...and I think God will honor that commitment she's making!!! She can do it...and I"ll be praying for her. Micah's blog "Unfading Beauty" is wonderful!!! I love the encouragement and reading about her love for Jesus and how that plays out in everyday life etc!!!...
    I'll be more careful when I read your posts next time :) :) :)...ooopss...
    Love and hugs, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda ~ You have shared such a heartwarming post! I love hearing about your family and your farm! So much to be thankful for! Thank you for sharing! We are having very hot weather in our part of Kansas also! Sweet blessings! Teri

    ReplyDelete
  10. My dear Linda..I always love your post and will certainly keep your daughter in my prayers, this is amazing, I am so proud of her.

    So sorry to hear about weather, not sure why it always has to be so HOT when i's harvest time. And hate to hear about the bites your sons have had to endure.

    What a sweet husband you have! I have one of those too..pet name is "Tomato!" Love it!!

    Blessings to you and yours....
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoyed your post. Loved the comment that your husband left you, how sweet. The purity ring is so special, our daughter has one and she is still waiting on the Lord for the right person. She is in her early thirties, and wants only who the Lord has for her.

    My husband has a pet name for me His Molly, thus where I got my blog name from, although I have been lacking on the kitchen part of my posts, need to work on that:)

    Happy harvesting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so enjoyed reading your post today! What a blessing :) You and your family a so special and precious. Thank you for sharing with us!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is 100 in Alabama today. HOT and HUMID! Of course I don't have to work out in it like ya'll. Drink lots of liquids. I'm gonna have to talk to my hubby about a pet name. I don't believe I have one :( ! Visit me sometime at The Busy Beaver at cbeavers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Linda -

    Could you send some of that heat our way and then I'll try to send some of this cool breeze to you! I am just now getting a garden in, if you can believe it. It has been such a cool, wet spring. It is hard for me to imagine "Harvest Time".

    Thank you for your sweet spirit and refreshing Bible verses. It is so nice to see someone who is truly living for the Lord, prays for her family and wants to bring the Heavenly Father glory.

    Keep Smiling!
    Anna @ TravelinPilgrim

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just wanted to let you know I appreciate you farmers. My family farmed grapes, so I know the hours spent are long and hard. Someone at my work commented once that they would always hire someone who was raised on a farm because they knew how to work!

    God bless you all, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Praying for your harvest. I don't know how you do it all, family, farming, sewing, cooking, baking and having such an awesome blog! I know it's the Lord, but still there's only 24 hours in a day. May God continue to bless you abundantly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry it is so hot there. It is really difficult to work so hard when it is so hot. Take care and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Linda,


    I'm speechless... I'm so thankful to have found your blog. I'm so inspired and touched by what you wrote. Oh your dear men working in this heat...I'm late in commenting on this post and I see now that the wheat has been harvested, but I will continue to pray as the work is never done on the farm! So sweet of your husband to leave a comment for you...I'm sure that tickled your day pink! My Handsome Hubby has sent cards to me in the mail a few times... I think it is so sweet of him to send out a card only for it to come right back to the same place, it sure surprised me. :-) His nickname for me, amongst others, is "Agent 99" his number at work is 86, so I'm his Agent 99. Only people who have watched GET SMART in the past will get that one, but it does make us smile.
    I'll be back to visit more later,
    Love Carissa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!