Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A LOT of PEEPING Going On Here On the Farm



Hello sweet ladies,

The Party is still going........please feel free to sign up here, if you would like.




Hope your week has been going well. It is sure hot here in Kansas but the forecast is looking a little better for the end of the week. We can all maybe breathe a little better. The nights will be cooler also and that will be wonderful. I love warm.......but hot is a bit much for this Alaskan Girl.......had a friend text today saying that Juneau was going to be in the 70's.......my new word.........Baahaaaaa! (Thanks Susan). 

Last night I was talking to my friend Susan on facebook. I tell you......... I have not laughed and giggled that much in a long time. It was so refreshing to my soul. The scripture is clear and even research has shows that watching a funny movie (nice one) makes a difference in your body. I found a sight that I thought was very interesting.

Did you know that I read that laughter is a powerful antidote to stress, pain, and conflict. Nothing works faster than a good laugh. It said that humor lightens your burdens, inspires hope, connects you to others.......well that is what happened last night. Just what my heart needed. God is so good to bring friends into your life, just when you need it. It shows me time and time again that the Lord  cares and loves me so much personally. Anyway as we were continuing to write back and forth on facebook,  Tressa who was sitting in the other room and I heard this huge CHIRP!!!!! I am not kidding........ about jumped out of my skin. I was already so tired and giddy and my friend Susan was the same. I finally had to call her on the phone to talk person to person and when I did we could barely talk we were giggling so much. What were we laughing about? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Oh my was it fun. God thank you for friends. If you have a friend, sister, brother and you love them soooooooo much, call them today. Let them know. We always think there is going to a tomorrow. Sometimes there is not.

A joyful heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22


Sooooo last night I peeked into the incubator there were tons of little chirps going on, but there was one that was sooooo loud. 



I went to bed with a lot of little peep holes and when I woke up this morning and couldn't wait to see what we had..........



there were 3 little ones. 

Now there are 6 and many more talking to me, that will be popping out all day long. They are ABSOLUTELY UGLY.........but they will fluff up today and look adorable.
  


Went and picked the snow peas that are ready for pickin. 
They are so good....we had them in a stir fry last night.

Hope you are having a sweet day!

Remember tomorrow is our


Second


You may click and read what we are doing.

Be ready to link up with a post if you would like.  
This is blessing ladies.

Hugs to your day, 

Linda

7 comments:

  1. Linda,

    Well, of course I loved your blog today lol. I didn't go to bed until 3:00 a.m! Took me a while to settle down and get sleepy after that dose of good medicine :) I needed that. I haven't laughed that much over silliness in a while and it was AWESOME :D Thank you sweet friend! Have fun with those cute chicks. Wish I could hold one :)

    Hugs and Laughter,

    Susan Montgomery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness....how sweet....I can't believe it...how they are able to peck their way out of those egg shells...now of course that is a GOD thing!! Sorry you too are having the 'heat wave'...us too, been 100 or close to it for the last two days;( Our air has really been working! Lots of people here are having issues due to the Missouri river flooding... terrible.. please say a prayer for them.

    Blessings..
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan you were a hoot. 3 o'clock!!!!!!!!! Gasp. I was a little on the tired side this morning. Glad you had fun.......so did I. We all need laughter.......to blow away the sad days. We are up to 13 at 7:00. Really sweet, wish you could hold one also.

    Hey Gert. It is amazing isn't it. I am so sorry that you are also having heat, but glad you are keeping cool. Isn't it sad about the flooding. I am sure I don't know the half of it. I don't see much news. I will pray.

    Hugs, me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what sweet little peepers! My 1st paying job (outside of babysitting) was animal care at a local Natural History Museum. LOVED IT! You don't get to pet coyotes & sweep the floors at night w/raccoons on your shoulder just everywhere! One of my favorite things to do was to see the little chicks hatch in the hatchery. And they were ALWAYS right on time! The Lord is SO good!

    Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Linda - the chicks are so ADORABLE!!
    Blessings - Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda,

    Came to link up and see you haven't posted yet. Praying everything is okay there.

    I'll check on you later.

    Love,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your chicks are so sweet! I love their soft sweet little faces and their soft fuzzy fur!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!