Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Everybody Is Tired...Me...Denali...Juneau....and the list goes on!

Hello sweet ladies!!!!!!

Oh my......this Momma is so so tired. I want to thank you for all the sweet notes...you blessed my day and I think little Denali blessed yours also by the comments!!!!!!! I have been up since 3:30 AM this morning....at work by 6:30 AM......and would I ever like to go to bed. But I am so excited to show you some of the pic's......DENALI IS So So ADORABLE! God is so good.......I marvel at His creation......and He does it so we can see that He is real. Precious God we also have!


This is one of the things that is fun about living on a farm. You can sleep by or in the barn!

On Tuesday and Wednesday our two girls and granddaughter (she is now Denali's human Momma) gathered 22 blankets to spend the night out in the Potter's Shed next to where Juneau was. This morning (Wed.) early we were so thankful they did. Amazing to be able to watch the birth of our new baby horse. Baby did well, but at the end we were a little worried. We prayed under the black sky with a ton of bright stars shining......knowing He was there with us....listening to His children! It was a beautiful night and later He answered!


My sweet man helped wipe Denali down a bit. The wind was blowing and Denali was all wet.... so it helped the process. His little face was in the dirt, so he put a towel under his head. This baby was getting special treatment. 



He was born with long long legs and his body was tiny. He was smaller than our Koko. She was our last little filly.....who is a year old. But he was beautiful! Our hearts were all pounding! It was so so exciting to have captured the birth. That is very unusual. A gift and we know it and we thanked Him a lot today!


The two Momma's......very very happy!


The other horses watched from a far. She is a very protective mom and she charges towards the fence to keep the other horses away whenever they get to close. 




Baby Denali slept a lot during the day! That was good for him......he worked real hard. 


Baby is fine.....nursing well and Momma is a good momma. Love having Denali here on the farm.......walking out to the stall is a little more exciting! 


I will share a few more pic's tomorrow of the imprinting we did with Denali! 


Three little Black Cochins

As I am typing, off in the corner there are 3 hatched baby chicks and........(okay prepare your brain!!!!!!!!!)....




a little one is trying to get out of the egg. I just had to show you what I saw when I opened the incubator to see how it was doing. I know it looks a little weird.....but this is farm life in the raw. 


Someone asked me if there are any cats having kittens (smile).......going on now? No that was done about 3 weeks ago. 14 to be exact on the farm! Life is good.........babies are welcome here!

Today we had over a 1000 people at my blog.....I knew that Gooseberry was up to something. 

WELCOME NEW FOLLOWERS........YOU HAVE BEEN SO NOTICED.......BY ME! You will love all the other followers that are a part of Prairie Flower Farm! They are my favorite people!


Hugs sweet ladies and know that you are prayed for!


Linda


P.S. this was sent to me this evening so we could pray! 

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures Linda! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my sweet Linda, how you do this I don't know! But I bless you for all your pictures and writings. And yes, it is always so good to thank our Lord for all His blessings. That colt is adoreable ....I am so thankful he and 'his mommy' are doing well! I pray you rested good last night.

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda,
    Thank you for your wonderful pictures of Juneau and Denali. Your pictures bring back memories when our family was able to see one of our daughter's horse being born out in the field during the day. We weren't able to get pictures, though. But it is such a marvelous thing to see the wonders of our God such as the birth of a horse. Our daughter named her filly, Jackie. She had similar markings as your Denali. God is Good! May God bless you and your family. Now you might be able to get some sleep. Thank you for your pctures and your praising and thanking God for His beautiful world.
    Hugs,
    Glaphre

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda,
    Thank you for your wonderful pictures of Juneau and Denali. Your pictures bring back memories when our family was able to see one of our daughter's horse being born out in the field during the day. We weren't able to get pictures, though. But it is such a marvelous thing to see the wonders of our God such as the birth of a horse. Our daughter named her filly, Jackie. She had similar markings as your Denali. God is Good! May God bless you and your family. Now you might be able to get some sleep. Thank you for your pctures and your praising and thanking God for His beautiful world.
    Hugs,
    Glaphre

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little boy is so precious. I love the white blaze. Good job Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to everyone over there. I rejoice with you.

    Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for sharing the pictures of baby Denali! They are precious! I love following the life on your farm. All we have is a dog and a cat---I'm hoping next year we can make the big venture into chickens! I guess I should pray about that---I don't always think to pray about things like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The photos of the new horse is fun and so adorable and glad everything went ok. Takes me back to my growing up years on the farm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that pic of both Juneau and Denali is just priceless!! so glad God oversaw a safe birth! and those little black chicks are darling! what fun you have on the farm! now, get some rest this weekend, girl!! you deserve and need it!! blessings to you...^)^linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. My, my! Over 1000 followers! I am blessed to be one of them, and so happy that others are blessed with the joy of being a part of your life. Thank you, Linda, for taking the time out of your busy schedule to include all of us in the day to day workings of the life of a godly woman. You are so love and appreciated by so many!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've been busy all right. Lots of farm action going on at your place. I'm glad Juneau and Denali came through fine. The little puffball chicks are cute! Did the baby chick with one leg out make it all out?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!